Let us help take the pain out of writing your first dental assistant resume
If you’re training to be a dental assistant, you may be anticipating when you can get out into the workforce. But the first step is preparing a good resume. Below is an example that you can adapt with your unique experience and skills.
Once you’ve completed your program, you’ll feel confident about your training and the practical experience you gained during your externship. A resume is a chance to summarize all of that know-how in one page. It should convey the skills and technical abilities that make you a great candidate. The primary purpose of your resume is to get you to an interview. (Don’t forget to accompany your resume with a solid cover letter.)
Include your previous experience! Even if it’s not as a dental assistant, you probably have relevant skills you should include. Many dental practices will want to train you in the specific way they like things done, so your resume needs to show that you have the skills and aptitude to follow directions and learn on the job.
At Seacoast Career Schools, we offer career services to help our dental assistant students succeed, including help in writing an effective resume that will bring out your strengths. Don’t hesitate to contact us about any aspects of your job search, including the application process and preparing for an interview. We’re here to help!
Dental Assistant Sample Resume
1234 McGregor Circle, Manchester, NH 03102
Mobile: 603-222-XXXX – Email: alex.hall.DA@example.com
Dental assistant with experience providing competent care and efficient service in busy environments. Able to handle all necessary assisting duties with patience. Excel in customer service, ensuring patient comfort, satisfaction, and retention.
Dental Care Partners Clinic, Portsmouth, NH – April to July 2017
Dental Assistant Intern (unpaid)
- Prepare 5–20 patients per day to undergo dental exams and procedures.
- Instruct patients of all ages on basic oral healthcare.
- Assist dentist with sterilizing dental equipment and instruments.
- Set up exam rooms, instrument trays, and dental materials.
- With supervision, administer x-rays and follow all guidelines for patient safety and comfort.
- Provide follow up-care instructions for postop patients.
- Listen and record patient health concerns, medical, and dental history.
- Update EHR and patient billing records.
- Monitor inventory and order, organize, and stock new supplies.
- Call patients to schedule appointments.
The Happy Child Day Center, Manchester, NH – June 2016 to January 2017
Child Care Assistant Teacher
Work with children ages 2–5 and ensure they are safe, clean, and happy.
- Teach children about health, personal hygiene, and toilet etiquette.
- Read to children and teach art, crafts, movement, and singing.
- Prepare meals and snacks.
- Record daily reports of activities and child progress.
- Handle parent concerns, special requests, complaints, and questions.
Received excellent reviews from manager.
Seacoast Career Schools, Manchester, NH
Dental Assistant diploma, 2017
Central High School, Manchester, NH
Software: MS Office; Billing and EHR systems
Personality: Caring and compassionate nature, loves connecting with others.
- Jeffrey Jones, Internship Supervisor, Dental Care Partners Clinic, Phone:xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Mindy McDavies, Director, The Happy Child Day Center, Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
This post is part of the weekly blog of Seacoast Career Schools, with campuses in Manchester, NH, and Sanford, ME. Interested in a professional training program? Reach out to us today to learn more, or to schedule a tour.